The industrial style in interior design is characterized by the use of materials and raw materials that are predominantly industrial in nature, and it also uses iron, steel, and metals. The industrial style is used a lot in apartments, hotels, and any residential areas and industrial areas due to its distinction in creating spaces, so we will talk in today’s article about the industrial style in interior design. in detail.
History of industrial style
- The industrial style emerged in the New York City loft in the 1970s with the idea of converting old and abandoned warehouses and factories into living spaces.The industrial style emerged in the New York City loft in the 1970s with the idea of converting old and abandoned warehouses and factories into living spaces.
- As it provided traditional residences in Manhattan, for those who want spacious and open spaces at reasonable prices.
- Many artists, musicians, writers, and designers have followed this style and incorporated it into their homes.
What are the colors of the industrial style?
- Warm, neutral colors are preferred for industrial-style spaces, which are usually large and open.
- The warm colors help bring visual warmth to an area that might otherwise be overwhelmed by cooler metal pipes and ducts.
- Shades of gray have a cool and beautiful effect on this style.
What are the industrial style materials and materials?
The interplay of earthy, smooth-looking wood and shiny metal inserts, as well as brick, exposed concrete, steel and chrome is often used in the design of the lamps.
What is industrial style lighting?
Use pendant lights for focused lighting, and track lights are a good choice for ambient lighting. Plus many other options for lighting.
Industrial style furniture
- Industrial furniture is minimal and no-nonsense, with clean lines that are strong and very sharp, combining new and reclaimed pieces.
- Where old pieces of furniture can be used for other uses.
- Such as using old cupboards for storage, stairs as shelves, and more.
- Metal and wood are often used in its manufacture, and backless chairs.
The walls and floors are in an industrial style
- To give an industrial impression, the walls are made of brick or concrete without cladding, and the floors are very simple, either in polished concrete, wood or stone.
- If the walls are painted, the bricks will be visible.
- Also, the conveying pipes and ducts are not covered, rather they are used in the interior space.
Industrial style interiors
The interior spaces are open to each other to give a sense of spaciousness and freedom of movement, where the kitchen, lounge and dining room are in one open space.
Today’s industrial style
Many expected this style to decline after a period of time, but on the contrary, it has become a major trend in interior designs.
We find it in many five-star homes, restaurants and cafes, in addition to offices, and it is a style that is bold and courageous, for its sharp lines and rough exposed surfaces.
How do I design part of my home or restaurant in an industrial style?
- Find inspiration by looking at old buildings, warehouses and factories that have been renovated and used as homes or restaurants and cafes.
- Using and renewing old furniture of wood and metal.
- And the use of non-traditional storage methods such as boxes and old tubes
- The use of concentrated lighting made of metallic materials.
- Show style in accessories and details, using industrial and mechanical accessories.
- Leaving the brick visible in the walls, adding some bold graphics and murals, or even an abstract painting can turn a boring, monotonous wall into a wonderful work of art.
- Leave the mechanical details, transmission and electrical wiring visible.
- Other raw materials can be used with hard minerals to reduce the feeling of coldness in the void.
- Focusing lighting on tables and chairs in restaurants and cafes to draw attention to them and add a touch of space.
- The use of chairs made of wood and metal, without arms or upholstery, in restaurants and cafes, as well as tables of wood or stainless steel, to give an industrial feel.
- The industrial style is used for decoration in the “loft,” that is, in an old factory or shop building that has been repurposed as a residential unit that might suit an artist, bachelor, or student.
- Industrial decor features: the use of black iron, dark walnut wood, and brick as walls.
- Parquet in turn covers the floor, avoiding marble for this purpose.
- Note that marble is very expensive and does not fit into the principle of industrial decoration that focuses on the use of practical and inexpensive elements.
- On the one hand, the rules of industrial decoration do not call for excessive use of colors, and on the other hand, the spaces are open to each other.
- For example: the bedroom opens into the living room, and the rooms have high ceilings.
- Simple fabrics cover upholstery that can be bought used.
- This style of decoration calls for avoiding the use of chandeliers, the use of floor lamps, as well as the installation of wooden shelves on the walls to hold books.
- If blinds are found, they must be chosen to open and close according to the “rolling” technique.
- As for the accessories, they are very practical in the industrial style.
The difference between country style and industrial style
Because rustic and industrial decorating styles often use similar elements such as reclaimed and distressed wood, heavy, repurposed materials, and handmade pieces, it can be difficult for some people to tell the difference between the two.
- The word rustic means “plain and simple” and country style is largely based on this philosophy.
- While there is no definitive definition of what one might include in rustic style, you can be sure that as long as it is comfortable, practical, clear and simple, it is rustic.
- You can easily find the materials used for this style, including worn wood and rustic décor.
- Besides, you will also find rustic style woven fabrics.
- The rustic decor is far from frugal, devoid of ornamentation, with the possibility of choosing patterns inspired by the atmosphere of nature, such as flowers, for example, based on first-class worn wood.
- Wood is used in the design of basics and furnishings, and is used in doors and tables to look like an “antique” piece.
- Rustic décor is primarily based on warm, neutral colors, including brown.
- In addition to the delicate colors in the fabrics and upholstery.
- Her accessories are also inspired by nature, including tree roots and baboons.
- While rustic decor leans more towards a feminine feel, industrial decor leans more toward a masculine feel through the use of dark metals, distressed woods, and heavy equipment.
- It is worth noting that this method began to be used in the fifties of the last century.
- It relies mainly on industrial waste and materials recovered from old factories and craft workshops, with re-manufacturing and arranging them to appear in a decent and distinctive appearance.
- This model is based in particular on earth tones, grays, dark and mysterious colors.
- This model also relies heavily on materials, raw materials and industrial parts such as concrete, steel and metal in general, and has the ability to create an amazingly wider space.
We advise you to know the difference between an interior designer and other?
- Interior designer job The interior designer is responsible for designing and utilizing the interior spaces of a home to meet the basic needs of its residents.
- That is, it depends on employing the place appropriately to meet the purpose. It is typical for an interior designer to have an associate degree in their field.
- Interior design is taught in the Colleges of Fine and Applied Arts and Architecture. Therefore, he relies on academic science in the home design process.
- The reliance of interior designer, interior designer Mohamed Moumia, on engineering principles in his work does not mean that he ignores the aesthetic form.
- As one of his tasks is to design the decoration and choose the style as well, as this matter falls within the goal of employing the spaces that he achieves.
- As for the interior designer, he is the person who revives the aesthetic and artistic side of the interior design.
- He cares more about choosing colors, designing furniture, and adding aesthetic elements.
- Therefore, we advise you to contact elarabiadesign
Finally, why do you deal with ElarabiaDesign?
- The company is under the leadership of interior designer Mohamed Moumia, not just an investor.
- An interior designer, not another engineering major.
- He has his fame on Egyptian television, and therefore his reputation must be preserved.
- The variety of projects that have been designed and supervised.The company supervised residential, administrative, medical, commercial, restaurants and other projects.
Watch this video at elarabiadesign>>>>
interior designer Advantages of hiring interior designer Mohamed Momeh
- Submission of suggestions: The interior designer, Mohamed Mumia, presents his proposals regarding the exploitation of internal spaces.
- Work: Once the best offer is reached, the interior designer works on the project with follow-up from the owner. In order to see the design stages and make adjustments in a timely manner.
- Submit Proposed Modifications: The majority of design projects of all types need many modifications to reach the end goal. Therefore, it is important to agree with the interior designer on the number of modifications that he can accept after completing work on the project.
- Delivery: After completing the work, the interior designer, Mohamed Mumia, presents his project in the form of a visual design file, which is either visual images collected in a PDF file or individually. He also presents a short video clip that shows the entire design by walking around the project in a 3D way.
- Interior designer Mohamed momeh designs and plans interior spaces that meet people’s physical and social needs and according to the object’s purpose.
- It also plays the main and essential role in preserving the architectural style of the region and taking into account safety factors as well as smart
- He is accredited by the Egyptian TV and has a reputation and experience of up to 18 years.